As identified by watching post-apocalyptic movies on Netflix.
1. Learn how to dress appropriately For the weather and task/s at hand.
2. #1 includes foot wear. WTH, do most of those people have on their feet?
3. Buy some QUALITY hiking kit? How come everyone’s walking around post-apocalypse with junk gear?
4. Guns everywhere, but not a single holster in sight. If you’re gonna get a gatt, get a holster for that thing. Also, learn how to use it and practice, practice, practice.
5. Cardio! Yeah, I know it’s supposed to be rule number one. But, there’s no way those skinny flaccid legs I’ve been seeing on Netflix are going to carry you over hill and dale while wearing a pack.
6. Speaking of packs, learn how to properly adjust your packs! My back hurts just watching people hiking around with improperly adjusted packs.
7. Basic first aid will still a thing. Rather than walk around with that big-old-wound break out the first aid kit and take care of it. Take a first aid class before it’s too late.
8. Water, water, no where? Everyone’s always scrambling for water. Simple answer here. Store some pre-apocalypse and it will be there for you post-apocalypse. While you’re at it get a few Nalgene water bottles and start lugging a quart or pint with you whilst you’re out and about. It will save you money on purchased drinks and if the apocalypse happens while you’re out you won’t have to join The Hordes scrabbling for water.
I was going to go for 10 items, but I think that’s all I have for now.